TERMS & CONDITIONS
2. This agreement and any matters arising from it are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties (“you and we”) agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales. This agreement becomes binding when signed & submitted by you (by email or electronically) and once the Company has received your initial payment and begins on the date on which your booking request is accepted by us on behalf of the owner and a ‘Confirmation of Reservation’ is dispatched to you by email.
3. The Booking Form. By completing and signing the Booking Form, you and all members of your party acknowledge full awareness of these terms and conditions and agree to accept and abide by the terms stated. Properties are privately owned and letting is arranged in the name of and on behalf of the owners.
4. The Booking Agreement. A booking agreement will come into force with the owner when you make a booking (“The booking agreement”). Authentic Getaway Limited acts as an intermediary between you and the Owner. The online booking form, together with your rental documents constitute an agreement between you and the Owner.
5. Prices. Our prices are correct at time of publishing and are quoted in Euros. If you wish to pay in GBP please contact us. Authentic Getaway Ltd reserves the right to make price changes. Once a reservation has been confirmed by us in writing or by email, the quoted price to the customer is guaranteed for that booking.
6. How to Book. Please check availability and then send in your booking form. Reservations will be confirmed upon receipt of a completed and signed booking form (scanned or via completion and acceptance on the website) and a deposit of 30% of the total price (or 100% if the booking is within 75 days of check in date).
7. How to Pay. We accept payment by most major credit, debit cards and PayPal or by bank transfer. Payments made directly to our bankers must bear your chosen Property name and dates, and be transferred stating ‘without charge to the recipient’. Late payment may result in the cancellation of this agreement. You will not be allowed to enter the Property unless payment has been received in full. Bank details: ING Bank NV, Postbus 98000, 6800 MA Arnhem, The Netherlands. Account name:- Authentic Getaway Limited; IBAN: NL37INGB0007990990; BIC/SWIFT: INGBNL2A
8. Security Deposit. We may take a damage deposit in advance and/or require the details and authorisation of a credit/debit card to be provided as security for any losses or damages to the Property (including its contents) during the rental period and the Company may deduct losses from the damage deposit or charge such card up to the amount of these losses or damages. Note that the Company will notify and discuss with you before any such charge is made. If there is no damage, you will be refunded the damage deposit after we receive clearance from the Owner. This usually takes 1 week.
9. Confirmation of Reservation. When we accept your booking, we will send you a ‘Confirmation of Reservation’ by email. You should check the Confirmation of Reservation carefully and notify us immediately if there are any discrepancies. We will not be liable for any damage, losses or expense suffered by you because of your failure to notify of us of any errors in your booking within 48-hours of your receipt of the Confirmation of Reservation. Your Rental Documents, directions to the property and contact details for the owner or the local representative and for emergencies will be emailed to you once we have received full payment. If we (acting on behalf of the owner) decide not to accept your booking, your deposit will be returned.
10. Cancellation by you. You are responsible for taking out comprehensive cancellation insurance for all members of your party. If you cancel your booking, you must advise Authentic Getaway Ltd in writing (by email/fax), the letter being signed by the person who signed the original booking form (the “lead name”). Cancellation charges are calculated based upon the date that we receive the cancellation notice and according to the policy set out below: – • Cancellation notified within 48 hours after booking – credit card fees and €50 administration charge • Cancellation notified 76 or more days before start date – forfeit deposit (30%) • Cancellation notified 75-31 days before start date – 50% of the total price plus €50 administration charge • Cancellation notified 30-0 days before start date – 100% of the total price.
SPECIAL FLEXIBLE CANCELLATION (valid until 31st December 2020): on all bookings made before Decembrer 31st 2020. You have free cancellation up to 15 days before arrival (- 50 € admin fee). We ask for a deposit (30%) at the time of booking and the final balance will be due 15 days before your arrival. For any cancellation request after 15 days from arrival, your deposit is forfeit.
In case you only wish to move your dates, we will do it for you free of charge according to availability. Contact us and let us know how we can help.
11. Cancellation by us. We reserve the right to cancel your rental if you fail to abide by these conditions. For example, failure to meet time limits for payments. We may also be forced to cancel due to unforeseen circumstances or for extraordinary reasons beyond our control known as “force majeure”. In the unlikely event that we should cancel your rental prior to departure because of force majeure, we will endeavour to offer appropriate alternative arrangements of a similar standard and price. If we cannot fulfil our agreement with you, we will give you a full refund (- €50 admin fee).
12. Travel Insurance. Don’t leave home without it! It is your responsibility to take out comprehensive travel insurance when you book to cover cancellation, illness, accident and liability. We also recommend you take out insurance to cover personal belongings for the duration of the holiday. Authentic Getaway Ltd is not responsible for any loss or damage to your luggage or personal property, nor for any other loss, damage, inconvenience, delay, illness, fatal or other injury, suffered by you as a result of making a reservation, or during your holiday.
13. Correspondence. We will send all correspondence to the lead name on your booking using the private email address supplied by you as part of the booking process. Any requests, amendments and cancellations must be made in writing by the lead name and must be addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by registered post to our office at 65 Randall Rd, Kenilworth, CV8 1JX. All other references in these conditions to providing notice to us in writing must be sent to the same email or postal address.
14. Force Majeure. Neither the Company nor the Owner will be liable for any damages, losses or injuries caused by conditions outside of that person’s control such as to constitute force majeure and/or acts of God, including, without limitation, any fire, flood, hurricane, tsunami, war, revolution, terrorism, changes imposed by rescheduling or cancellation of ferries, railways, airlines or change to any law, regulation or government policy.
15. Liability. • We are not liable for any damage, losses or expense for any upset or suffering you experience as a result of or arising out of your failure to supply relevant information when making and/or confirming your booking. Given that the Company acts only as agents for the property owners, we can accept no liability whatsoever for any death, personal injury, loss or damage of any kind, unless caused by our own negligence. • We are not liable for business losses. We only supply our booking services for domestic and private use. If you use our services for any commercial or business purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity. • We are not liable to provide services and will not be responsible in any way whatsoever for any damage, losses or expense due to or arising from any acts or omissions on the part of our suppliers including their employees and agents or other third parties – such liability rests solely with the relevant supplier(s) and/or third party/parties and their respective employees and agents. • We are not liable for any interruption or failure of public utilities such as gas, electricity or water; nor for limited signal strength, absence and/or interruption in telecommunication services including, but not limited to, internet, phone, cable and satellite reception nor for expense you may suffer because of such interruption or failure. Where you experience such problems, we ask that you inform the property owner immediately and failing that by writing to us by email so that we can try to help rectify the situation. • We do not pre-arrange multiple travel components or provide all-inclusive or any other ‘package’ type arrangements. We accordingly have no liability under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 or related legislation or regulation as may be amended from time to time. • Insofar as we have any liability to you, then proceedings in respect of any such liability shall be governed by English law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Service of any such proceedings as referred to in the paragraph above should be sent to Authentic Getaway Limited, 65 Randall Rd, Kenilworth, CV8 1JX.
16. Data Protection. We are liable for putting in place all proper security measures to protect any personal information you supply about yourself and your party. Although we may pass on this information to our suppliers and the public authorities where required by law, we will not give any information to any person not responsible for part of your rental. In making this booking, you consent to this information being passed on to the relevant persons. THE PROPERTY
17. Arrival/Departure. Guests are asked to arrive between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m., and to leave before 10 a.m. to allow the property to be prepared for the next guests and for general maintenance to be done. The owner has the right to refuse arrivals outside the above times if he or she finds the alternatives inconvenient. If you find your journey taking longer than you expected, please contact the owner or Authentic Getaway Limited and they will contact the owner, who will do his best to welcome you in the event of a delay.
18. Identification in Italy. According to Italian Law (art.109 – TULPS) the owners and/or managers of any property rentals are required to register their guests with the authorities prior to allowing access to the facilities. To facilitate the registration process, you will be required to provide complete contact details (name, last name, address, telephone number etc.), a copy of the passport and the authorisation to hold these details in accordance to law (D. LGS.196/2003) on privacy protection prior to or upon arrival at the property. This information will not be used to promote, sell or solicit any service or product to you and it is required only for the individual responsible for the rental agreement. In the event of an emergency or security alert, traveller information may be disclosed for safety purposes.
19. Property Inspection. On arrival guests should inspect the property with the owner/caretaker and ensure that they understand the use of any appliances, equipment and utilities. Please read House Notes carefully before using appliances as frequently appliances are different from those you may be used to at home. Washing machines and dishwashers have a timed safety catch on doors, for instance, which, if forced, may break the door. The owner/caretaker will usually be at the property at 9 am on the day of departure to inspect the property and present you with the final bill if there is any damage or charges due. If you intend leaving before 10 am on the last day of your rental period, please notify the owner/caretaker at the beginning of your rental period to arrange an alternative time for the property inspection. If you choose not to be present at the inspection you will not be entitled to query the final bill and we will automatically debit your security card for any outstanding amount.
20. Your Responsibilities. • These are private homes, please respect the trust which the property owners have afforded to you. Look after the property while you are there and please do not remove books or any other private items. • You are responsible for securing all relevant and valid documents for your trip, such as passports, driving licenses or for checking in for any flights, trains or ferry services. We will not be liable for any damage, losses or expense you may suffer as a result or arising out of any discrepancies with such documents or services. • You are responsible for ensuring civilised standards of behaviour are met by all party members at all times during your stay. You agree to act sensibly and prudently and to comply with local codes of conduct. We reserve the right to terminate your rental should we, our owners or local representatives deem that your behaviour or the behaviour of a member of your party could endanger life, cause damage to property or abuse the enjoyment of others. No refund or compensation for any terminated rental is payable and we shall not be liable for any damage, losses or expense arising under or out of such circumstances. • You must not carry out any illegal activity at the Property or any activity that could be reasonably considered a nuisance or annoyance to the Owner or the occupants of neighbouring properties. • Parties, weddings, receptions and other such functions which draw additional neighbourhood traffic require advance written permission, proof of insurance, and other requirements and fees as deemed necessary. • The total number of guests cannot exceed the number identified in this agreement or on the Company’s website, except by prior consent of the owner directly. If you exceed the guest limit we may terminate your rental without notice and without a refund. • All our properties are thoroughly cleaned between each rental period and you are expected to leave the property clean on departure or pay any subsequent cleaning charges, which will be notified to you in writing if applicable. • NO SMOKING is allowed anywhere indoors or in communal areas; if you smoke please be discreet and dispose of cigarette butts tidily. • WE ASK that you help your children to respect the property and grounds. DO NOT let your children eat and drink in bed nor mark the furniture with sticky fingers. • PLEASE use the bins provided and do not litter the grounds. • HOUSEHOLD WASTE is not collected on site; guests must dispose of waste in the local authority bins provided on the main road and before departure remove all waste
21. Furnishings and Equipment. Properties are let fully furnished and equipped, including crockery, cutlery, bed and bath linen sufficient for the number of people indicated in the Booking Form. Fresh linens and towels are provided weekly. Energy for lighting, cooking, refrigeration and hot water is included in the rental price; other energy costs, e.g air conditioning or heating may be chargeable. Please check what is excluded.
22. Swimming Pool & Gardens. Use of the Swimming Pool and Gardens is strictly at the guests’ own risk. Non-swimmers and children must be supervised at all times. The swimming pool is open from May to September and is not heated. It is situated away from the house with a variegated hedge surrounding the area. This is closed with a gate to avoid children entering unsupervised. Adults must supervise children at all times. By signing this agreement, you acknowledge that use of the pool is at your own risk and that we shall not be held responsible if any injury occurs.
23. Breakage & Damage. You are responsible for all damages, injuries and losses relating to the occupancy or use of the Property caused by you or your guests. You must ensure that the Property and all furniture, fixtures and effects remain in the same condition and location as when you checked-in. Report any damages, breakages and stains immediately so that replacements or repairs can be effected as quickly as possible. It is always easiest to settle any breakages or charges while at the property. If they are to be calculated later or are discovered subsequently, they will be deducted from your deposit or charged to your credit card. Please call Authentic Getaway Ltd if you would like help translating and/or explaining. Some owners prefer to handle the cautionary deposit themselves and in this case, you should hand cash to the owner on arrival. Your agent will advise you if this applies to your chosen property.
24. Tidiness and Cleanliness. Properties will be clean and in good order and upon departure should be left in the same condition. Please note that especially during a dry summer, dust collects quickly in country houses. While guests are not expected to scrub floors, a general sweep and tidy-up is expected. You may be required to pay for any extra cleaning made necessary by the property being left in a dirty condition. Many owners will arrange for a cleaner if you ask. If the property has not been left in an acceptable state, the owner/caretaker at their discretion may add up to €20,00 per person to the Final Bill for the extra cleaning and tidying required beyond that normally expected between a change of guests.
25. Problems with Property. Most of our guests enjoy problem-free holidays at our rental properties. If, however, you are unhappy about any service you receive while at your rental, you must immediately make us and the property owner or local representative aware so that the situation can be rectified to the best of our abilities. The Company will not consider reports made after you have left the Property.
26. Complaints. The property owners ensure that their property is in a good condition at the beginning of the season and they will take all reasonable care to maintain them in such condition throughout the season. If there are any problems, it is the guest’s responsibility to notify the owner/caretaker of the property promptly so that they can take the action required. The owners must have an opportunity to put right any issues as soon as they arise. Should the owner not be available, please contact us and we will endeavour to contact the owner. Vacating the property without speaking directly to the property owner or an Authentic Getaway Limited staff member will void the guest’s right to claim compensation or refund for costs or rental charges. The Company will not consider any issue, problem or complaint raised after the rental period.
27. Breakdown of Equipment. In the event of breakdown of mechanical equipment such as pumps, boilers, swimming pool equipment etc, please contact the property owner and inform him of the problem. Should the property owner not be contactable, then you should contact Authentic Getaway Limited. We shall try to get the fault corrected as soon as possible, but you are asked to bear in mind that it may take some time particularly if it occurs on a Sunday or public holiday. Whilst we will endeavour to assist if the property owner is not available, The Company cannot be held responsible for such breakdowns as it acts only as agent for the property owner. You should be aware that in Italy, occasional problems in relation to public utilities such as electricity and water can be experienced.
28. Theft, damage and illness. We are not liable for any damage, losses or expense arising out of or otherwise connected with theft, burglary, illness, injury, death, cost, claim or other sum of any description where it is due to the act or omission of the person affected, a third party unconnected with our suppliers, or was unforeseeable and beyond the control of us and/or our suppliers.
29. Noise. Our properties are in quiet, peaceful country situations. However, in the country you are likely to hear birds, nightingales, owls, dogs, sheep bells, poultry, insects, frogs, tractors etc. all making sounds which are different from those in the city and which may disturb unaccustomed ears. We suggest that you take earplugs if you feel that these country sounds may disturb your sleep. Villages regularly hold festivals during the summer, which can be very noisy until late at night. The best solution is to join in and enjoy the feasts. The Company accepts no liability for noise or disturbance experienced whilst at the property.
30. Pets. No pets are allowed without the prior permission from the owner of the property concerned. There may be a charge for pets and this should be paid directly to the owner of the property concerned.
31. Access Roads. Isolated country properties are often reached by rough and bumpy roads. If you intend driving a low slung or sports car to the rental property, please ask about the access roads to your chosen property.
32. Weather. The Company is not responsible for weather or seasonal conditions, which may affect your use of the Property and surrounding areas.
Last update, 30/05/2020