TERMS & CONDITIONS
Giuseppe & Caroline Nobile
2. Legal Governance. This agreement or any dispute or claim arising from it is governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties (you and we) agree to submit to arbitration under the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales. This agreement becomes binding when signed & submitted by you (by email or electronically) and once the Company has received your deposit payment. It begins on the date on which your booking request is accepted by us on behalf of the Owner and Confirmation is dispatched to you by email.
3. Bookings are accepted only on the following terms and conditions and cannot be accepted from persons under 18 years of age. In all circumstances, the Contract of Letting is between the holidaymaker (“You”) and the Owner on the basis that the property (“the Property”) is to be occupied by You for a holiday and You acknowledge that the tenancy granted by this agreement is not an assured tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise when it ends.
4. Once a booking is confirmed it is not subject to change. If you do choose to cancel see below for the terms that would apply. Whilst we will be under no obligation to do so, we may in certain circumstances and with the agreement of the Owner, make minor adjustments to bookings. In these circumstances we reserve the right to make a small charge to make the change.
5. The Agreement. An agreement will come into force with the Owner when You make a booking (“The agreement”). By completing and signing the Booking Form and paying the deposit, You and all members of your party acknowledge fully these terms and conditions and agree to accept and abide by the terms stated.
6. Prices. Our prices are correct at time of publishing and the base currency is in Euros. We reserve the right to alter any of our advertised accommodation prices. You will be advised of the price of the accommodation that You wish to book before your contract is confirmed.
7. VAT and IPT. All prices quoted include VAT and Insurance Premium Tax where applicable, at current rates.
8. How to Book & Deposit. Check availability on the website or with us and submit your booking form. Pay the deposit of 25% of the total price or 100% if the booking is within 75 days of check in date.
9. How to Pay. Our preferred method of payment is by bank transfer, though we also accept payment by personal debit card/credit card (at least 75 days before departure). We do not accept payments from corporate/business credit or debit cards.
10. Security Deposit. We may request a damage deposit in advance as security for any losses or damages to the Property or its contents during the rental period and the Agency may deduct losses from the damage deposit up to the amount of these losses or damages. The Agency will notify and discuss with You before any such charge is made. If there is no damage You will be refunded the damage deposit after we receive clearance from the Owner. This usually takes 1 week.
11. Confirmation. When your booking is accepted, we will send You confirmation by email. You should check the Confirmation carefully and notify us immediately if there are any discrepancies. We will not be liable for any damage, losses or expense suffered by You because of your failure to notify of us of any errors in your booking within 72 hours of your receipt of the Confirmation. Directions to the property and contact details for the Owner or the local representative and for emergencies will be emailed to You once we have received full payment. If we (acting on behalf of the owner) decide not to accept your booking, your deposit will be returned.
12. Cancellation. If You cancel your booking, You must notify the Agency in writing by email. In the event of cancellation, You may be due a partial refund which is dependent on when notice of cancellation is given to us before the booking start date. For all refunds unrecoverable card/bank fees will be deducted. Refunds are calculated as follows:
a. Cooling off period of max 72 hours after paying the deposit: refund minus only card/bank fees.
b. 75 or more days notice: 75% of the total price or your liability waived if balance not paid yet.
c. 75 to 31 days notice: 50% of the total price.
d. 30 or less days notice: No refund
e. We reserve the right to cancel your rental without refund if You fail to abide by these terms and conditions, for example, failure to meet time limits for payments.
13. Unavailability of Property. In the unlikely event of the Property becoming unavailable (such as due to fire or flooding) before the start of your booking, the Owner and the Agency will provide You with alternative accommodation or will refund all monies paid, or a proportion in the case of curtailment. The Agency is not liable to pay any compensation or other expenses because of such an event.
14. Correspondence. We will send all correspondence to the lead name on the booking using the private email address supplied by You during the booking process. Any requests, amendments and cancellations must be made in writing by You and must be sent by email to the Agency. All other references in these conditions to providing notice must be sent to the same email.
15. Travel Documents. You are responsible for securing all relevant and valid documents for your trip, such as passports, driving licenses or for checking in for any flights, trains or ferry services and are liable for any related damage, loss, or expense.
16. Travel Insurance. Do not leave home without it! It is your responsibility to take out comprehensive travel insurance when You book to cover cancellation, illness, accident and liability. We strongly advise all holidaymakers take out a travel insurance policy which covers booking cancellations and personal belongings for the duration of the holiday. This gives you the peace of mind that you will get your money back if you need to cancel your holiday. If you choose not to, then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur. Neither the Company nor the Owner will be responsible for any loss or damage to your luggage or personal property, nor for any other loss, damage, inconvenience, delay, illness, fatal or other injury, suffered by You as a result of making a booking, or during your holiday.
17. Force Majeure. Neither the Company nor the Owner will be liable for your holiday being unavailable nor for any damages, losses or injuries caused by conditions outside of that person?s control such as to constitute force majeure and/or acts of God, including, without limitation, fire, flood, hurricane, tsunami, war, revolution, terrorism, changes imposed by rescheduling or cancellation of ferries, railways or airlines or change to any law, regulation or government policy, civil unrest, pandemics, epidemics, or general restrictions on movement imposed by local or national government, which may prevent you from taking or curtail your holiday. No compensation, costs, expenses, or any other sums, including the cost of securing alternative accommodation will be paid by us. In the unlikely event that we should cancel your booking prior to departure because of force majeure we may give You the option of rescheduling or a full refund of monies paid to us minus unrecoverable costs.
COVID-19. You may be required to complete and present additional travel documentation before you travel. Please check the most up to date travel restrictions and country-specific requirements before you travel as we shall not be responsible for additional expenses such as visa fees or vaccines, etc. If we cancel your holiday due to COVID-19 (up to 15 days before arrival), then you will be offered one of the following options*:
a. Re-schedule your entire stay within the same property to a future available date, outside of the declared restriction period, within approximately 12 months of the end of your original booking.
b. Receive a voucher to the value of the monies paid to date for your booking, to be used against a booking in the same property outside of the declared restriction period and within approximately 12 months of the end of your original booking.
c. Receive a refund less our unrecoverable costs.
* If you have made your booking via a third-party company such as Booking.com or Airbnb, they will be in direct contact with you independently of us.
a. We are not liable for any damage, losses or expense for any upset or suffering You experience as a result of or arising out of your failure to supply relevant information when making and/or confirming your booking. Given that the Company acts only as agents for the property owners, we can accept no liability whatsoever for any death, personal injury, loss or damage of any kind, unless caused by our own negligence.
b. We are not liable for business losses. We only supply our booking services for domestic and private use. If You use our services for any commercial or business purpose, we will have no liability to You for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption or loss of business opportunity.
c. We are not liable for any damage, losses or expense due to or arising from any acts or omissions on the part of our suppliers including their employees and agents or other third parties ? such liability rests solely with the relevant supplier(s) and/or third party/parties and their respective employees and agents.
d. We are not liable for any interruption or failure of public utilities such as gas, electricity or water; nor for limited signal strength, absence and/or interruption in telecommunication services including, but not limited to, internet, phone, cable and satellite reception nor for expense You may suffer because of such interruption or failure. Where You experience such problems, we ask that You inform the property owner immediately and failing that by writing to us by email so that we can try to help.
e. We do not pre- arrange multiple travel components or provide all-inclusive or any other ?package? type arrangements and accordingly have no liability under the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 or related legislation or regulation as may be amended from time to time.
f. The Owner’s responsibilities. The Owner is solely responsible for providing the accommodation and for the safety of all Guests. The Agency accepts no responsibility for personal injury to, or death of, any guests, or loss of or consequential loss or damage to their property, or for other matters over which the Agency has no control, except to the extent that such personal injury or death is caused by the negligence or willful default of the Agency.
19. Literature. We have compiled the information on our Website as accurately as possible. However, facilities may be altered or withdrawn for reasons outside the Agency’s control, in which case we cannot accept responsibility. We make every effort to ensure that the Property details supplied to us by the Owners are accurately reproduced. Mistakes may occur from time to time, and confirmation should be requested prior to booking. You accept that minor differences between text/photographs/illustrations in the brochure and on the Website and the actual Property may arise. We cannot accept responsibility should the Property not conform to the your standards. If a facility is particularly important to you, please check with us prior to your booking.
20. Third Parties. The Agency may introduce You to the goods and/or services of third parties. The Agency shall not be treated as an agent for any such third parties and any contract for the supply of such goods and/or services shall be between You and the third party.
22. Data Protection. We do not disclose any personal information to any person not responsible for part of your booking, except where this information is required by public authorities or by law. You consent to such information being passed on to the relevant persons.
23. THE PROPERTY
a. Access. The Agency, Owner or their representative will be allowed access to the Property at any reasonable time during any holiday occupancy
b. Arrival/Departure. Holidaymakers are asked to arrive between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m., and to leave before 10 a.m. to allow the property to be prepared for the next guests and for general maintenance to be done. The owner has the right to refuse arrivals outside the above times if he or she finds the alternatives inconvenient. If You find your journey taking longer than You expected, please contact the owner or Authentic Getaway Limited and they will contact the owner, who will do their best to welcome You in the event of a delay.
c. Identification in Italy. According to Italian Law (art.109 TULPS) the owners and/or managers of any property rentals are required to register their holidaymakers with the authorities prior to allowing access to the facilities. To facilitate the registration process, You will be required to provide complete contact details (name, last name, address, telephone number etc.), a copy of the passport and the authorisation to hold these details in accordance to law (D. LGS.196/2003) on privacy protection prior to or upon arrival at the property. This information will not be used to promote, sell or solicit any service or product to You and it is required only for the individual responsible for the rental agreement. In the event of an emergency or security alert, traveller information may be disclosed for safety purposes.
d. Property Inspection. On arrival holidaymakers should inspect the property with the owner/caretaker and ensure that they understand the use of any appliances, equipment and utilities. Please read House Notes carefully before using appliances as frequently appliances are different from those You may be used to at home. Washing machines and dishwashers have a timed safety catch on doors, for instance, which, if forced, may break the door. The owner/caretaker will usually be at the property at 9 am on the day of departure to inspect the property and present You with the final bill if there is any damage or charges due. If You intend leaving before 10 am on the last day of your rental period, please notify the owner/caretaker at the beginning of your rental period to arrange an alternative time for the property inspection. If You choose not to be present at the inspection You will not be entitled to query the final bill and we will automatically debit your security card for any outstanding amount.
e. Your responsibility. You will keep the Property and all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in, on or at the Property in the same state of repair as at the commencement of the holiday and leave the Property in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found. The total number of holidaymakers may not exceed the number identified in the booking except by prior consent of the owner directly. You agree to act sensibly and prudently and to comply with local codes of conduct. You are responsible for ensuring civilized standards of behaviour are met by all guests during your stay. You must not carry out any illegal activity at the Property or any activity that could be reasonably considered a nuisance or annoyance to the Owner or the occupants of neighbouring properties. Parties, weddings, receptions and other such functions which draw additional neighbourhood traffic require advance written permission, proof of insurance, and other requirements and fees as deemed necessary. The Agency, the Owner or the person responsible reserve the right to terminate your rental without refund if your behaviour could endanger life, cause damage to property or abuse the enjoyment of others. No refund or compensation for any terminated rental is payable and we shall not be liable for any damage, losses or expense arising under such circumstances.
f. Furnishings and Equipment. Properties are let fully furnished and equipped, including crockery, cutlery, bed and bath linen sufficient for the number of people indicated in the Booking Form. Fresh linens and towels are provided weekly. Energy for lighting, cooking, refrigeration and hot water is included in the rental price; other energy costs, e.g air conditioning or heating may be chargeable. Please check what is excluded.
g. Swimming Pool. Use of our Swimming Pool is strictly at the holidaymakers? own risk. Adults must always supervise non-swimmers and children. By signing this agreement, You acknowledge that the use of the pool is at your own risk and we shall not be held responsible if any injury or death occurs.
h. Breakage & Damage deposit. You are responsible for all damages, injuries and losses relating to the occupancy or use of the Property caused by You or your guests. You must ensure that the Property and all furniture, fixtures and effects remain in the same condition and location as when You checked in. Report any damages, breakages, and stains immediately so that replacements or repairs can be done as quickly as possible. It is always easiest to settle any breakages or charges while at the property. If they are to be calculated later or are discovered subsequently, they will be deducted from your deposit or charged to your credit card. Please contact us in advance of your stay if You would like help translating and/or explaining. You should pay cash to the owner on arrival who will give it back before your departure after inspection.
i. Tidiness and Cleanliness. All our properties are thoroughly cleaned between each rental period and You are expected to leave the property clean on departure or pay any subsequent cleaning charges, Please note that especially during a dry summer, dust collects quickly in country houses. While holidaymakers are not expected to scrub floors, a general sweep and tidy-up is expected. You will be required to pay for any extra cleaning made necessary by the property being left in a dirty condition beyond that normally expected between a change of guests. HELP your children to respect the property and grounds. DO NOT let children eat and drink in bed or mark the furniture with sticky fingers.
j. NO SMOKING allowed anywhere indoors or in communal areas; if You smoke please be discreet and dispose of cigarette butts tidily NOT on the ground. The Owner or Agency reserve the right to make a reasonable sanitation charge if guests have contravened the Owner’s request for their Property to be smoke-free.
k. Breakdown of Equipment. In the event of breakdown of mechanical equipment such as pumps, boilers or swimming pool equipment, please contact the property owner. All faults will be repaired as soon as possible, but You are asked to bear in mind that it may take some time particularly if it occurs on a Sunday or public holiday. You should be aware that in Italy, occasional problems in relation to public utilities such as electricity and water can be experienced.
l. Theft, damage and illness. We are not liable for any damage, losses or expense arising out of or otherwise connected with theft, burglary, illness, injury, death, cost, claim or other sum of any description where it is due to the act or omission of the person affected, a third party unconnected with our suppliers, or was unforeseeable and beyond the control of us and/or our suppliers.
m. Noise. Our properties is in a quiet, peaceful country situation. However, in the country guests may hear birds, dogs, sheep, bells, insects, frogs, tractors which may disturb unaccustomed ears. We suggest that You bring earplugs if such sounds disturb your sleep. The Agency accepts no liability for noise or disturbance experienced whilst at the property.
n. Pets. No pets are allowed without the prior permission from the Owner and there may be a charge payable directly to the Owner.
o. Problems with the Property. Most of our holidaymakers enjoy problem-free holidays at our rental properties as the Owner ensures that their property is in a good condition at the beginning of the season and will take all reasonable care to maintain them in such condition throughout the season. If there is a problem it is the holidaymaker’s responsibility to notify the Owner immediately so that they can take the action required. The Owner must have an opportunity to put right any issues as soon as they arise. It is important that this is done whilst you are still at the Property so that an on-the-spot investigation can be made if necessary and remedial action taken if required. No complaints raised after the holiday has ended will be considered as You will have denied the Owner and the Agency the opportunity of investigating the complaint and remedying matters during your holiday. Vacating the property without speaking directly to the property Owner / Agency will void the holidaymaker’s right to complain.
24. The Terms and Conditions will apply to all confirmed bookings, and these Website terms and Conditions supersede all previous editions.
Last update 10/01/2021